Bedrock Gardens is again hosting a Fairy and Hobbit Houses Festival and Fundraiser. There will be a separate Fairy & Hobbit House Trail with designer-built fairy houses, A guest appearance by renowned fairy house expert, Tracy Kane, Supplies to build your own house. The wider garden will be open as well, but at the fundraiser donation level.
Tracy Kane, author of “The Fairy Houses Series” will be with us reading from her books and engaging with families. She will be sharing her ideas on how to build a splendid and unique house for the Fairies and Nature’s Friends.
- Tracy Kane will offer a book reading with house building workshops at Noon and 2pm each day
- Explore a special trail with featured fairy and hobbit houses
- A village of houses will be under construction during the event for visitors to add to
- Vote for your favorite house!
- Visit the main gardens
You are invited to come dressed in your hobbit or fairy attire.
The donation for this event will be $15 for adults, $5 for children with ages between 3 and 12.
Important Note: THERE WILL BE NO ONSITE PARKING. All parking will be at the Mast Way School in Lee, NH. There will be frequent buses shuttling back and forth. Handicapped visitors can be dropped at Bedrock Gardens, but your vehicle must be parked at Mast Way School. Driving Instructions to Mast Way School
The Friends of Bedrock Gardens, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is working with the garden’s creators and owners, Jill Nooney & Bob Munger, to turn Bedrock Gardens into a public garden art and cultural center for future generations. Your attendance at this fundraiser supports this goal. You are part of this legacy.
- Featured Designers
To become a designer or sponsor: go to bedrockgardens.org/fairy-houses.html
For ideas, questions, sponsorship, to design a house or to help get the word out
Contact Kate Bashline: [email protected]
Contact Francine Kontos: [email protected]
Volunteer Shifts: 10:30 am to 1:30 pm, 1:30 to 4:30 pm
Volunteer Job Description
- Logistics: hands-on tasks to set up, maintain and take down event (e.g. signage), etc.
- Admissions: welcome visitors at entrance, process admissions
- Fairy & Hobbit Trail Guides: Friendly engagement of visitors along path to orient, inform, and set tone of respect for gardens and house designs
- Enchanted Woodland Village Building Dept: Child-friendly issuers of building permits, materials and location for adding a house during the visit
Pictures from 2016 Tour
Click on an image below to see full-sized pictures!