GUIDELINES and SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
for the 5th Annual Fairy Houses Tour at The Corn Hill Arts Festival
Our dates are Saturday, July 8th & Sunday, July 9th 2017.
It’s easy, fun and FREE for families, individuals, and teams to participate.
Entry deadline: June 16, 2017
Enter now to secure your spot at the Fairy Houses Tour!
We have category limits and you will be notified within one week of submission. If accepted, we will be holding a place for your fairy house at the event so it is important that you deliver your fairy house on Friday, July 7th between 8 am – 7 pm.
If you have any problems or questions regarding this form please email us at [email protected]
If you have been notified of acceptance- please refer to the information sent to you for delivery and pick-up instructions.
Please visit the 5th Annual Fairy Houses Tour and vote for your favorite in the People’s Choice Award.
Guidelines for Houses:
- Use natural materials– dry grasses, leaves, sticks, pebbles, shells, bark from a fallen tree, milkweed pods, acorns, berries, gourds, miniature pumpkins, pinecones – are a few examples.
- All fairy houses must appear to be made entirely of natural components. Hot glue, acrylic spray, natural twine and other man-made items can be used but must be completely concealed by natural elements.
- Platforms or man-made support materials should be used for easier delivery and transport, but must be concealed with natural materials when installed on-site.
- Houses should be tabletop size and portable. Maximum dimensions 3ft wide x 2ft high- strictly enforced. We will accept larger houses but they will not be eligible for prizes – Please use a sturdy base that can hold up if wet (such as plywood).
- Please do not use any items of value in the house as the Corn Hill Neighbor’s Association, The Corn Hill Arts Festival and the Fairy Houses Tour do not take any responsibility for any loss or damage.
- The theme of the house may be anything you wish.
- Award Categories: (Three Awards will be awarded in each category and one “People’s Choice Award”)
- People’s Choice Award (one overall winner voted on by visitors)
- Best Use of Natural Materials
- Most Whimsical
- Group Categories:
- Children 10 years of age and under as of July 8, 2017
- Teams- (Families /Groups /Organizations)
DELIVERY & INSTALLATION
- Your completed house must be brought to The Corn Hill Arts Festival on Friday, July 7th between the hours of 8 am – 7pm (if you need to drop it off earlier or later –please make certain to label your house clearly and leave in the designated drop off area)
- No Fairy Houses will be accepted Saturday or Sunday mornings of the Tour because of street closures.
- Please have your Team name/Fairy House Name and contact information (name, email, mobile phone for award winning houses) clearly marked and attached to the house.
- If you are a winner, we will contact you on Sunday July 9th before 3pm. as you will NOT be picking your house up.
- Delivery: Enter the Festival grounds from the intersection of Ford St. and Adams St. ONLY! The drop-off area is at the corner of Adams St. and Eagle St. in the Corn Hill Neighborhood and is easily visible and marked. (Google Map address: #97 Adams St. Rochester, NY 14608 for driving directions)
View map here: http://cornhillartsfestival.com/map/
- A representative will be present and you will be directed to set up your Fairy House. (If you drop off earlier or later, please place the Fairy House in the enclosure with contact info)
- Houses not chosen for awards MUST be picked up on Sunday evening, July 9th after 6:30pm or by Monday, July 10th before 5pm. Any houses not picked up will be recycled
- The Festival streets are closed to traffic on Sunday, July 10 until 6:30pm.
Post Festival – Winning Fairy Houses
- Award winners will be displayed at the Strong, National Museum of Play from July 12th through July 24th, 2017
- Award winners will be given admission to the Strong to view and enjoy the exhibit
- Prize packages can be picked up at the Strong, Main Ticketing desk before July 29th
- Award-winning Fairy Houses must be picked up between July 25th through July 29th 2017 Fairy Houses not picked up after this date will be recycled.
If you need to make special arrangements with the Strong, please contact: Cathy DeBellis, Director of Public Programs (585)410-6397 or [email protected]
Thank you for your participation- please share with others.